Recipe courtesy of Retired Firefighter Mark Walkley, Station 7
Thai Noodle Salad
- 4 lbs yakisoba noodles
- 2-3 carrots, cut into match sticks
- 2 bunches green onions, cut ½ “
- 1 green pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup unsalted, dry-roasted peanuts
- Break up noodles and lightly fry in some sesame and olive oil.
- Cool noodles and prepare the other veggies.
- 1 bunch cilantro, well chopped
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons ginger
- 2 Tablespoons crushed garlic
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- Whisk the sauce thoroughly and toss with the noodles and vegetables.
- Chill completely.
Check out Portland Fire & Rescue's previous Firehouse Recipes of the Week:
Portland Fire & Rescue We Respond: Always Ready, Always There
September 8, 2010