Firehouse Recipe of the Week: Herb Crumbed Broccoli
Apr 1, 2011 at 12:04 PM 1 Comment | Add a Comment
Herb Crumbled Broccoli
- Butter-flavored vegetable cooking spray
- 2-4 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup dry unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chervil leaves
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1-1/2 pounds broccoli, cut into florets and stalks sliced, cooked
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Spray small skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot.
- Add pecans and spray with cooking spray; cook over medium heat until toasted, 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add breadcrumbs, marjoram, and chervil to skillet; cook until crumbs are toasted, 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and stir in parsley.
- Season broccoli with salt and pepper to taste; arrange in serving bowl.
- Spoon crumb mixture over broccoli.
- Recipe makes six servings.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories: 61 Fat: 2.1g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 64mg Protein: 3.7g Carbohydrate: 8.7g Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 Vegetable, 1/2 Fat
Portland Fire & Rescue
We Respond: Always Ready, Always There
April 1, 2011
Follow Portland Fire & Rescue on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube