Entry Level Firefighter / Paramedic Application Process
How do I get reciprocity?
- Click here and here for more information
How long does reciprocity take?
- This can be several weeks or longer, depending on backlog
Should I apply even if I only have my National Registry certification and not Oregon ?
- An individual needs to make that personal decision based on the sensitive timeline and strict requirements of the OHA. Gain more info here
If I am a paramedic with no fire department experience, should I apply?
- Yes, this recruitment is for an Entry Level Firefighter/Paramedic. Upon hire, new recruits complete one year of training plus paramedics will complete an additional paramedic Field Training (how long?) with a supervisor
If I am a paramedic with a lot of fire department experience, do I have to go through Training and probation?
- Yes, all new recruits will go through one year of training plus paramedics will complete an additional paramedic Field Training with a supervisor
What role do paramedics hold in Portland Fire and Rescue?
- Paramedics, along with EMT-Basics, respond to a wide variety of calls together, including fire, medical, hazardous materials, vehicle crashes, etc.
What is the pay for a paramedic?
Does Portland Fire and Rescue cover continued paramedic education?
- Yes, plus any license requirements