- 1/3 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon salt-free Cajun seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 2 bone-in chicken breast halves (about 1 ½ pounds), skinned
- 2 chicken drumsticks (about ¾ pound), skinned
- 2 chicken thighs (about ¾ pound) skinned
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a shallow dish. Place panko in a shallow dish. Dip chicken, 1 piece at a time, into buttermilk mixture; dredge in panko.
- Place chicken on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Lightly coated chicken with cooking spray. Lightly coat chicken with cooking spray. Bake at 400ºfor 40 to 45 minutes or until done, turning after 20 minutes. Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 breast half or 1 thigh and 1 drumstick).
December 16, 2009