Trauma Intervention Program of Portland/Vancouver, Inc. (TIP) is an organization of specially trained citizen volunteers who assist citizens in crisis. TIP is looking for caring people who want to be involved and make a difference in their community.
TIP is recruiting for a January 2010 Training Academy. Training consists of learning the specialized skills needed to assist victims and their family and friends immediately after a traumatic incident or sudden loss.
TIP Volunteers are requested by and work with local police, fire and emergency medical crews. Volunteers can be called to assist in any traumatic situation such as:
- Offer comfort and support after the death or sudden illness of a loved one
- Provide emotional and practical support to those who have been robbed, burglarized or assaulted
- Help after a fire
- Support survivors of a suicide
- Help emotionally traumatized victims of accidents
- Witnesses to traumatic events
- Help those emotionally shaken by any crisis event
- Assist at schools or businesses after the death of student or employee
No Experience is necessary; just bring your caring heart.
You can register online at: www.tipnw.org – click on the training tab. A TIP staff member will call you within 2 business days following submission of your registration for a brief phone interview. There is a $50.00 registration fee and attendance at each session is mandatory. NOTE: Registration fee REQUIRED to secure your seat in the class. Please mail fee to TIP, 4800 NE 122nd Avenue, Portland, OR 97230.
The January 2010 Training Academy dates and times are listed below. All training sessions will be held at Clackamas Community College located at 19600 Molalla Avenue Oregon City, Oregon 97045.
- Thursday, January 14th 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
- Friday, January 15th 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
- Saturday, January 16th 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Sunday, January 17th 8:00 AM – 1:00 PM
- Wednesday, January 20th 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
- Thursday, January 21st 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
- Friday, January 22nd 6:00 PM – 10:00 PM
- Saturday, January 23rd 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Tuesday, February 2nd Graduation @ 7:00 PM
January 7, 2010