Roasted Asparagus with Balsamic Browned Butter
- 40 asparagus spears, trimmed (about 2 pounds)
- Cooking spray
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Arrange asparagus in a single layer on a baking sheet; coat with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake at 400º for 12 minutes or until tender.
- Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat; cook 3 minutes or until lightly browned, shaking pan occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in soy sauce and vinegar. Drizzle over asparagus, tossing well to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 5 spears).
45 calories, 3g fat, 1.9g protein, 3.9g carb, 134mg sodium
February 3, 2010