Honey-Orange Marinated Salmon
Courtesy of Alisa Cour, Portland Fire & Rescue's Public Information Manager
Photo courtesy of http://www.tasteofhome.com
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Crisco® Pure Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry or apple juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 salmon fillet (1 pound)
- In a large, resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients.
- Add salmon.
- Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1 hour, turning several times.
- Line an 8-in. square baking dish with foil; coat the foil with cooking spray. Drain and discard marinade. Place salmon in prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Analysis: 4 ounces cooked salmon equals 238 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 261 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
February 24, 2010