Favorite Chocolate Chip Chewy Toffee Cookie Surprise
Courtesy of a Firefighter's Wife
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/8 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 6 bars chocolate covered English toffee, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, salt and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars. Mix until smooth. Add the vanilla and the eggs and beat well. Gradually add the flour mixture until well combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and chopped candy bars. Mix until combined.
- Drop spoonfuls of dough onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 10 to 12 minutes. Immediately remove the cookies from the sheet and let them cool on racks.
March 10, 2010