Three Cheese Scalloped Potatoes
Courtesy of Retired PF&R Firefighter Mark Walkley, Station 7
- 8 oz. Extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 5 oz. crumbled Blue cheese
- 6 oz. shredded Parmesan cheese (1 ½ cups)
- 5 lbs. potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 teaspoons salt (divided)
- 1 teaspoon pepper (divided)
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 cube butter, melted
- 3 cups milk
- Combine cheeses.
- Layer ½ of the potatoes in a 11 by 14 inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper.
- Spread onion.
- Spread flour
- Spread butter.
- Spread ½ cheese mixture.
- Add remaining potatoes.
- Add Remaining salt and pepper.
- Reserve remaining cheese.
- Bring milk to a simmer, then pour over the potatoes.
- Cover with foil and bake 45 minutes at 400.
- Uncover and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered another 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender and cheese is golden.
- Remove from oven and let stand 15 minutes.
Serves at least 12 firefighters.
April 7, 2010