Firehouse Recipe of the Week: Chicken with Black Bean Salsa
Apr 22, 2010 at 1:03 PM 0 Comments
Chicken with Black Bean Salsa
Black Beans Salsa Ingredients:
- ½ cup canned black beans, rinsed, and drained
- ¼ cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 tablespoon chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
- 4 grape or cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Cooking spray
- 1 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast half
- Dash of salt
- Dash of freshly ground black pepper
- Lime slice (optional)
- To prepare salsa, combine first 9 ingredients, tossing well to combine.
- To prepare chicken, heat butter in a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with dash of salt and black pepper. Add chicken to pan; cook 6 minutes on each side or until done. Serve with salsa and, if desired, lime slice. Yield: 1 serving (serving size: 1 chicken breast half and ¾ cup salsa).
Follow Portland Fire & Rescue on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Flickr
April 22, 2010
Please review our Code of Conduct rules before posting a comment to this site.
Report Abuse (Please include the specific topic and comment for the fastest response/resolution.)