- Orientation and Practical Exercises
- Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA): Participants will practice exercise drills, become familiar with SCBA, and learn search and rescue techniques using the SCBA
- Interior Fire, High Angle Rescue, Confined Space: Participants will watch an interior fire go through the stages of fire development, learn high angle rescue techniques, and simulate a confined space rescue
- Vehicle Extrication and Medical Response: Participants will work on team building exercises, visit a fire station, become familiar with different firefighting equipment and apparatus, and participate in vehicle extrication, medical response, and ladder exercises
- Demonstrations: Participants will work on a scenario using equipment and conduct a public demonstration showing the knowledge and skills acquired during Fire Camp
Fire Camp will be held at no cost to participants. This is a non-residential camp and participants are responsible for their own transportation to and from camp. Applications for Fire Camp 2010 will be accepted through June 1, 2010. Interested applicants can get more information and submit an application online at http://www.portlandonline.com/fire/firecamp.
Questions? Contact Training & Safety Division Chief Scott Fisher at (503) 823-3944.
April 26, 2010