Firehouse Recipe of the Week: Citrus-Roasted Salmon
May 12, 2010 at 8:31 AM 0 Comments
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander seeds
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (6-ounce) can thawed orange juice concentrate
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets, skinned (1 inch thick)
- Cooking Spray
- Orange wedges (optional)
- Flat-leaf parsley sprigs (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Combine first 9 ingredients in a bowl; brush both sides of fish with orange mixture. Reserve remaining orange mixture. Place fish on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Place remaining orange mixture in a small saucepan, bring to a boil, and cook until reduced to ½ cup (about 2 minutes). Serve with fish, and garnish with orange wedges and parsley, if desired. Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 fillet and 2 tablespoons orange sauce).
May 12, 2010
Please review our Code of Conduct rules before posting a comment to this site.
Report Abuse (Please include the specific topic and comment for the fastest response/resolution.)