Watermelon Hors d'Oeuvres
- 1/2 cup lime or lemon juice
- 1 tsp. tequila, if desired
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Dash white pepper
- 1/8 tsp. tabasco sauce
- 4 lbs. watermelon, cut into cubes and seeded
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese or feta cheese
- Mix all ingredients except watermelon in small bowl and stir to dissolve honey.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Cover and chill for one to two hours to blend flavors.
- To serve, dip watermelon in juice mixture, then sprinkle with blue cheese and eat.
If you're pressed for time and want an extra punch of flavor try...
Adding fresh cut pineapple to this recipe, double the lime juice and honey, and added a full teaspoon of Tobasco sauce. Use regular blue cheese instead of pre-crumbled blue-cheese. Serves 10-12.
Portland Fire & Rescue We Respond: Always Ready, Always There
June 30, 2010