Shrimp Fried Rice
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 ½ pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups finely chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 4 cups cooked long-rain rice, chilled
- 1 ½ cups frozen green peas, thawed
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a small, bowl set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp, cook 4 minutes or until done.
- Remove shrimp from pan; keep warm.
- Heat 2 tablespoons canola oil in pan.
- Add eggs, stir-fry 30 seconds or until soft-scrambled.
- Stir in green onions and ginger; stir-fry 1 minute.
- Stir in soy sauce mixture, shrimp, rice, and peas; cook 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 1/3 cups).
376 calories, 11.7g fat, 26.4g protein, 38.7g carbohydrates, 610mg sodium
Portland Fire & Rescue We Respond: Always Ready, Always There
July 7, 2010