Garlic Basil Shrimp
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 25 to 30 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon dried hot red-pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot.
- Saute shrimp on both sides until just cooked through, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer sauted shrimp with a slotted spoon to a large bowl.
- Add minced garlic and red pepper flakes to the oil remaining in skillet and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add dry white wine and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, for about 3 minutes.
- Stir in basil and tomatoes.
- Season the sauce with salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- Return the shrimp to pan and cook just until heated through.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
260 calories, 10g total fat, 30g protein, 6g carbohydrates, 1g Fiber, 215mg Cholesterol, 215mg sodium
Portland Fire & Rescue We Respond: Always Ready, Always There
July 14, 2010