Easy as Pie Peach Cobbler
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 C peach nectar
- 1/4 C pineapple juice or peach juice (if desired, use juice reserved from canned peaches)
- 2 can (16 oz each) peaches, packed in juice, drained, (or 13/4 lb fresh) sliced
- 1 Tbsp tub margarine
- 1 C dry pancake mix
- 2/3 C all-purpose flour
- 1/2 C sugar
- 2/3 C evaporated skim milk as needed nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- Combine cinnamon, vanilla, cornstarch, peach nectar, and pineapple or peach juice in saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly until mixture thickens and bubbles.
- Add sliced peaches to mixture.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- In another saucepan, melt margarine and set aside.
- Lightly spray 8-inch-square glass dish with cooking spray. Pour hot peach mixture into dish.
- In another bowl, combine pancake mix, flour, sugar, and melted margarine. Stir in milk. Quickly spoon this over peach mixture.
- Combine nutmeg and brown sugar. Sprinkle on top of batter.
- Bake at 400 °F for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool and cut into 8 pieces.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1 piece)
Calories: 271, Total fat: 4 g, Saturated fat: less than 1 g, Cholesterol: less than 1 mg, Sodium: 263 mg, Total fiber: 2 g, Protein: 4 g, Carbohydrates: 54 g, Potassium: 284 mg
Portland Fire & Rescue We Respond: Always Ready, Always There
July 21, 2010