Banana Layer Cake
Courtesy of Station 7 Retired Firefighter Mark Walkley
- 3 1/3 cups flour
- 1 ¼ teaspoons baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup mashed bananas
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- 1 ½ cubes butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- Cream cheese frosting
- Sliced bananas
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In separate bowl, mix mashed bananas, buttermilk, and vanilla.
- In separate bowl, beat butter, sugar, and eggs.
- With the butter/sugar mixture, add dry ingredients alternating with the banana mixture.
- Divide batter between 2 prepared 10 inch cake pans.
- Bake about 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Invert one layer onto serving plate and frost the top with the cream cheese frosting.
- Slice bananas onto the top of the first layer.
- Frost the bottom of the second layer and invert onto the first.
- Frost the top and sides of the cake.
Check out Portland Fire & Rescue's previous Firehouse Recipes of the Week:
Portland Fire & Rescue
We Respond: Always Ready, Always There
October 13, 2010