Sauteed Chicken with Ancho-Orange Sauce
Courtesy of Station 7 Retired Firefighter Mark Walkley
- 6 dried ancho chilies
- 12 skinless chicken breasts
- 4 bunches green onion, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 6 cups orange juice
- 2 bunches cilantro, chopped
- flour for frying
- Soak the chilies in warm water for 20 minutes.
- Drain, discard the stems and seeds, and mince the rest.
- Season the flour well with salt and pepper.
- Dredge the meat.
- Brown the meat and transfer to a baking pan (keep warm).
- Remove excess oil from the frying pan.
- Cook the onions over moderate heat until softened.
- Add lime juice and cook until almost evaporated.
- Add minced ancho and sauté a minute.
- Add orange juice, season with salt and part of the cilantro.
- Cook until reduced by half.
- Pour over meat and garnish with the remaining cilantro.
- Bake uncovered until meat is done.
Check out Portland Fire & Rescue's previous Firehouse Recipes of the Week:
Portland Fire & Rescue
We Respond: Always Ready, Always There
October 20, 2010