Spicy Sausage Subs
- 2 lbs. venison sausage
- 2 large whole tomatoes
- 1 1/2 green peppers (diced)
- 1 medium to large size onion (diced)
- 1 1/2 tbsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp. garlic powder
- Hoagie rolls
- Extra virgin olive oil
- a dash or two of seasoned salt
- pepper and spicy mustard to taste
- Cut up the tomatoes into quarters or eights.
- Cook the sausage in some olive oil until brown about half way through.
- Add the tomatoes, peppers, and onion into the pan along with seasonings.
- Cook until meat is brown all the way or until the juices from the veggies have cooked down to about half.
- Serve on hoagie rolls.
Feeds 3 hungry firefighters!
Check out Portland Fire & Rescue's previous Firehouse Recipes of the Week:
Portland Fire & Rescue
We Respond: Always Ready, Always There
November 3, 2010