Creamy White Chicken Chili
Courtesy of Jacqueline Jarrahzadeh, Management Services Division Intern
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2) cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp veg. oil
- 2 cans (15 oz each) great northern beans rinsed and drained, or any white beans you can find
- 1 can (14.5 oz) chicken broth
- 2 cans (4 oz each) chopped green chilies
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- In a large pan saute chicken, onion, garlic powder in veg. oil until chicken is done.
- Add beans, broth, chilies and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in sour cream and cream.
Yield 6 servings.
Check out Portland Fire & Rescue's previous Firehouse Recipes of the Week:
Portland Fire & Rescue
We Respond: Always Ready, Always There
November 18, 2010