Firehouse Recipe of the Week: Cajun Cream Corn
Dec 22, 2010 at 8:21 AM 0 Comments
Cajun Cream Corn
Courtesy of Retired Firefighter Mark Walkley, Station 7
- 4 lb. corn
- 4 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons white pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 2 eggs
- In a large skillet, fry the corn, chopped onions, sugar, white pepper, red pepper, and salt until the corn is tender.
- Stir occasionally.
- Stir in 1 cup chicken stock.
- Cook 15 minutes.
- Add the rest of the chicken stock.
- Cook awhile.
- Stir in half the evaporated milk.
- Cook until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Whip the remaining milk and 2 eggs.
- Add to the corn stirring.
Portland Fire & Rescue
We Respond: Always Ready, Always There
December 22, 2010
Follow Portland Fire & Rescue on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube
Please review our Code of Conduct rules before posting a comment to this site.
Report Abuse (Please include the specific topic and comment for the fastest response/resolution.)