Yam and Black Bean Wraps
- 1 sweet potato (yam), peeled and shredded, (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup (canned) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, out of shell
- 2 tablespoons light Italian or Caesar dressing
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 6 flour tortillas, warmed to soften
- In a skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, sauté shredded yams over medium high heat for about 5 minutes, or until crisp tender. Transfer to bowl.
- In same skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, sauté red onion for about 5 minutes until tender.
- Add sautéed onion, black beans, green onions, and sunflower seeds to shredded yams, making well.
- In a small bowl, mix together dressing and honey and toss with yam mixture to coat.
- Fill warmed tortillas and wrap.
- Makes 6 Wraps.
Portland Fire & Rescue
We Respond: Always Ready, Always There
January 5, 2011