Barbecued Meat Loaf
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 (1/2-ounce) slice white bread
- ½ cup 1 % low fat milk
- 1 cup minced fresh onion
- ½ cup finely diced carrot
- ¼ cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh or ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ pounds ground sirloin
- ½ pound lean ground pork
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a bowl.
- Place bread in a food processor; process until finely ground.
- Combine bread and milk in a large bowl.
- Add ½ cup ketchup mixture, onion, and next 9 ingredients; stir until will blended.
- Place beef mixture in an 8 x 4—inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour.
- Brush remaining ketchup mixture over top.
- Bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Remove meat loaf from pan.
- Cut into 8 slices.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1 slice).
257 calories, 9.5g fat, 28.9g protein, 13.8 carb, 591mg sodium
Portland Fire & Rescue
We Respond: Always Ready, Always There
January 12, 2011