Honey Mustard Turkey Thighs
Recipe courtesy of PF&R's Nurse Janet Woodside
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 4 boneless, skinless turkey thighs
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
- Combine the lemon juice, mustard, honey, ginger and rosemary into a cup or small pitcher.
- Place the turkey thighs between two sheets of wax paper and pound to equal thickness.
- Put the turkey in a shallow bowl and pour 1/2 of the honey-mustard sauce over it.
- Cover and let marinate for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Coat a wire rack with non-stick spray and place the rack on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Coat the thighs with the bread crumbs.
- Place the marinated thighs on the prepared rack.
- Broil 8-inches from the heat for 6 to 8 minutes per side, or until the turkey is cooked through and the crumbs are golden brown.
- In a small saucepan, warm the reserved sauce over low heat. Serve with the turkey.
Nutrition Facts: Calories 183, Fat 6.3g, Cholesterol 70mg, Sodium 127mg
Portland Fire & Rescue
We Respond: Always Ready, Always There
January 19, 2011
Follow Portland Fire & Rescue on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube