Recipe courtesy of Retired Firefighter Mark Walkley, Station 7
- 4-5 lbs pork
- 3 onions, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup peeled garlic cloves
- 8 or9 oz can chopped chilis
- 1 quart tomatillo sauce
- Chunk up pork, removing some of the fat.
- Put the meat into a Dutch oven or crock pot.
- Add all the other ingredients except the sauce.
- Cook until the meat is tender enough to break up with a spoon.
- Add the sauce.
- Cook until most of the moisture is absorbed.
- Adjust seasonings with: salt, cumin, pepper and basil.
Portland Fire & Rescue
We Respond: Always Ready, Always There
March 2, 2011