Easy Greek Chicken Casserole
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onion (about 1 large)
- 2 tablespoons dries thyme
- 1 to 2 teaspoons pepper
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups (1/2-inch) cubed red potato (about 2 pounds)
- 2 cups (1-inch) cut green beans (about ½ pound)
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons anchovy paste or finely chopped olives
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs (about 1 pound)
- ½ cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add onion; sauté 3 minutes.
- Add thyme, pepper, and garlic; sauté 1 minute.
- Increase heat to medium high.
- Add potato; sauté 8 minutes or until potato begins to brown.
- Stir in beans, water, anchovy paste, and tomatoes.
- Remove mixture from heat.
- Nestle chicken thighs into potato mixture; top with feta.
- Cover; bake at 375º for 45 minute.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 thighs and 2 cups potato mixture)
488 calories, 12.6g fat, 34.5g protein, 62g carb, 775mg sodium
Portland Fire & Rescue
We Respond: Always Ready, Always There
May 5, 2011