Caribbean Seafood Salad
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ lb peeled and deveined medium shrimp, chopped into chunks
- 8 oz baby scallops
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 c jarred water packed tropical fruit, drained
- ¼ c chopped cilantro
- 3 tbsp frozen lime juice concentrate
- 1 tsp hot pepper sauce
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 8 large romaine lettuce leaves
- 4 (6-inch) whole wheat pitas
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the shrimp, scallops, and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes, or until the shrimp and scallops are opaque in the center. Remove to a medium bowl.
- Add the beans, fruit, cilantro, lime juice concentrate, hot-pepper sauce, and salt. Stir.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or as long as 24 hours.
- To serve, place a piece of lettuce on 8 plates, divide salad evenly over lettuce leaves. Slice pitas in half and then in wedges, serve 1 half with each plate.
- Calories 159
- Total Fat 5g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Sodium 203 mg
- Total Carbohydrates 16g
- Fiber 4g
- Protein 12g
Portland Fire & Rescue
We Respond: Always Ready, Always There
May 18, 2011
Follow Portland Fire & Rescue on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube