Hawaiian Shoyu Chicken
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sliced or grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh garlic
- 1/2 round onion
- green onions for garnish
- Before adding chicken, be sure to taste sauce and adjust to your taste.
- Mix all ingredients in a large pot.
- Add chicken and boil for approximately 30 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Serve on a platter and top with chopped green onions or sprigs.
- Stir during cooking or it will stick to the bottom of the pot and burn)
Portland Fire & Rescue
We Respond: Always Ready, Always There
June 9, 2011
Follow Portland Fire & Rescue on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube