Shrimp and Crab Cakes
- 2 Slice(s) White Bread
- 1 Egg White or Equivalent Of Egg Beaters
- 2 Tablespoon(s) Low Fat Mayonnaise
- 1 Teaspoon(s) Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon(s) Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 lb. Large Shrimp peeled, deveined, finely chopped
- 1/2 Pound(s) Lump Crab picked for shells
- 1 rib Celery finely chopped
- 3 White Part Only Scallion(s) minced
- 2 Tablespoon(s) Parsley chopped
- Place bread in food processor and process to fine crumbs, set aside.
- In large bowl whisk together egg white, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Add shrimp, crab, celery, scallions, parsley and one-third of the reserved bread crumbs, toss to mix.
- Shape into 8 equal cakes.
- Place remaining breadcrumbs in a shallow dish. Lightly roll each cake in breadcrumbs and gently press to adhere.
- Coat a large sauté pan with cooking spray and preheat over medium heat.
- Add cakes and cook for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned on bottom.
- Remove pan from heat, lightly spray tops of cakes with cooking spray and gently turn. Return pan to heat and continue to cook until cakes are cooked through.
- Calories: 177
- Total Fat: 4 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Sodium: 463 mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 8 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 24 g
Portland Fire & Rescue
We Respond: Always Ready, Always There
June 22, 2011