Courtesy of Portland Fire & Rescue's Station 21 C-Shifters
- 8 English muffins, split and lightly toasted
- 6 cans or packages of white tuna in water, drained
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ tspn onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 thin slices of tomato
- 8 slices yellow or white cheese, Cheddar, Monterey Jack, or American
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Arrange the split muffins on a cookie sheet which has been lined with foil or a silicone baking mat.
- In a medium bowl, combine tuna with celery, onion powder, and mayonnaise.
- Blend all ingredients well. Stir in salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon tuna mixture evenly over the muffins.
- Top each sandwich with a thin slice of tomato.
- Bake for 8 minutes; top with cheese slices then bake for about 2 minutes longer, or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle each sandwich freshly ground black or seasoned pepper and enjoy!
Portland Fire & Rescue
We Respond: Always Ready, Always There
July 6, 2011