Penne with Italian Turkey Sausage
- 1/2 lb. hot or sweet Italian turkey sausage
- Nonfat cooking spray
- 1/2 c. chopped red onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 1 small red pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 small yellow pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 small zucchini cut in half lengthwise, then sliced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can no-salt diced tomatoes with garlic and oregano
- 1/4 c. fat free sour cream
- 4 hot cooked whole wheat penne pasta (½ pound dry)
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- Prepare pasta according to package.
- While pasta is cooking, remove sausage from casing and cook in large non-stick skillet coated with cooking spray until browned, stir to crumble.
- Add onion and garlic, sauté for 2 minutes, stirring.
- Add mushrooms, peppers and zucchini; sauté for 5 minutes or until turkey is cooked through and veggies are tender.
- Stir in tomatoes and cook to heat through.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream, drained hot pasta, and pepper.
Portland Fire & Rescue
We Respond: Always Ready, Always There
September 1, 2011
Follow Portland Fire & Rescue on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube