Asian Chicken Pasta Salad
Courtesy of the International Association of Fire Fighters
4 cups thinly cut or shredded cooked chicken
1/4 cup peanut butter (creamy is best)
1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
2 tbsp. rice vinegar
2 tbsp. chili garlic sauce
1 tbsp. sugar
1 tbsp. minced ginger
3 tbsp. fat free, low sodium chicken broth or water
12 oz. linguine
2 carrots, grated
4 scallions, chopped
1 small red pepper, cut into small strips
1 cup of snow peas
1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Prepare linguine according to package.
- Drain, rinse with cold water and place in large bowl.
- While pasta is cooking, blend in a food processor or blender the peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar, chili garlic sauce, sugar, ginger, and broth until smooth.
- Add chicken, snow peas, carrots, scallions, pepper strips, and cilantro to bowl of pasta, toss to distribute.
- Pour peanut sauce over chicken and pasta. Toss well to coat. (If you need to thin sauce out, use a little water.)
- To serve, place chicken and pasta on bed of lettuce if desired.
- Calories 423
- Total Fat 9 g
- Sodium 468 mg
- Total Carbohydrates 51 g
- Fiber 4 g
- Protein 34 g
Portland Fire & Rescue
We Respond: Always Ready, Always There
November 22, 2011