Tomatoes Stuffed with Shrimp & Apple Salad
Recipe Courtesy of Portland Lieutenant Damon Simmons, Station 13
- nonfat cooking spray
- ½ lb small cooked frozen shrimp, thawed
- ¼ c chopped red onion
- 3 apples, cored and cubed
- ¼ c fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ½ c diced celery
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 2 tbsp horseradish
- ½ c fat-free mayonnaise
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 medium tomatoes, cored and quartered
- 4-8 Bibb lettuce leaves
- When shrimp is thawed, remove tails as necessary and drain.
- Spray nonstick medium sauté pan and heat over medium heat.
- Sauté onion until translucent, add shrimp and cook until just warmed through and mixed with the onions.
- Transfer to a bowl. Cover and refrigerate until cool.
- While shrimp and onions are cooling, chop apples and toss with lemon juice in large bowl.
- Add celery, dill, and parsley; toss again.
- Add shrimp and onions when cool and toss again.
- In a small bowl, mix together the horseradish, mayonnaise and pepper. Dress shrimp mixture.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 45-60 minutes or until very cold.
- Make tomato cups by first removing core and then cutting into quarters without cutting all the way through.
- Divide lettuce leaves on 4 plates.
- Top with a tomato and then divide shrimp salad stuffing into each tomato.
- Calories 220
- Total Fat 5 g
- Sodium 490 mg
- Total Carbohydrates 30 g
- Fiber 5 g
- Protein 16 g
Portland Fire & Rescue
We Respond: Always Ready, Always There
March 1, 2012
Follow Portland Fire & Rescue on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube