Portland City Council To Approve Fiscal Year 2012-13 Budget
May 29, 2012 at 2:55 PM 0 Comments
Earlier this month, the City of Portland Mayor Sam Adams released the Mayor’s Proposed Budget. This week, Adams filed the Approved Budget for City Council consideration. At the end of May 2012, City Council will vote on the Approved Budget and the Portland Development Commission budget. June 21, 2012 City Council votes to adopt Budget. Finally, on June 21st, the City Council will vote to adopt the FY 2012-13 budget.
In addition to a variety of technical adjustments, Mayor Adam’s new FY 2012-13 budget includes additional decision packages. Below are highlights:
Public Safety and Neighborhood Involvement:
- Full funding for the Service Coordination Team’s work for the first six months. Plus, a plan to cut costs, coordinate strategies and funding solutions for the remaining six months.
- Additional funding for Police ID Techs at the level of City use in County Jail bookings (73%). This requires an additional $393,083.
- Full funding for our program to aid commercially exploited children and youth through SARC and Janus Youth (an additional $97,000).
- Full funding for the Lifeworks NW NOW Women’s program.
- Restoration of a Crime Prevention specialist position at ONI.
- An additional $20,000 for the mediation work of Resolutions NW.
Housing and the Social Safety net
- Full funding for Short Term Rent Assistance (an additional $200,000).
- Additional funding for Homeownership at $250,000.
- Additional funding to keep Buckman Pool open ($79,720).
- Additional funding for daily maintenance of our parks ($93,000).
Education, Youth & Schools:
- Outdoor School ($50,000).
- Funding for the restorative justice program atParkrose($27,000).
- Additional funding for our Youth Planners program ($10,000).
Click here to learn more about the City of Portland’s budget process.
Please review our Code of Conduct rules before posting a comment to this site.
Report Abuse (Please include the specific topic and comment for the fastest response/resolution.)