With mounting concerns of COVID-19/Coronavirus in our community, we want to communicate our efforts to minimize the potential for exposure at the Fire Marshal’s Office. We are now following this protocol to help our customers stay safe and healthy:
- Hand sanitizer is available in the Permit Center lobby.
- Staff have been instructed to wash and sanitize their hands as thoroughly and as often as possible.
- Staff are encouraged to stay home if they are feeling sick or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
We are also counting on you, our Permit Center customers, to help us keep our facility a safe and healthy environment for everyone. We request that you:
- Interact with us remotely, rather than in person, whenever possible. For example, if you have questions about a property or project, we encourage you to call 503-823-3712 or email us email@example.com. We will respond to all voicemails and emails within 24 hours.
- If you need to submit a permit in person, please leave your plans on the counter and we will contact you via phone for a credit card payment. Check payments are also accepted.
- Stay home if you are feeling sick or experiencing symptoms.
- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly for at least 20 seconds with soap and water (or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer).
- Maintain a reasonable "social distance", when possible (6 feet).
- Cover up any sneezing or coughing using a tissue, or your sleeve. If you're sneezing or coughing, we request that you stay home until you are well.
As of now, we are maintaining our in-person services in the Fire Marshal’s Office. We are closely coordinating with other City bureaus, the Mayor's office and other local agencies and health authorities as well as preparing our own Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP) should this situation worsen. The COOP plans to addresses how the Fire Marshal’s Office staff can continue serving our customers should schools be closed and staff are instructed to telework, etc. Should our processes change, more information will be provided. You can always check our homepage.
Thank you and be well.