October 5, 2016
Life in the Floodplain is an educational event for families who live, work, or own property in or near Johnson Creek. The event will address the specific challenges – and benefits – of living and doing business near the 100-year floodplain.
Participating groups include the American Red Cross, National Flood Insurance, and the local Neighborhood Emergency Team.
The event will include free food, raffle prizes and activities for children, and tools to help:
- Better understand flood insurance
- Reduce utility bill costs
- Home improvements that will help reduce flood insurance costs
- Prepare for the next winter flood
- Learn about grants available to local businesses
Saturday, October 8 at 10am-2pm
Zenger Farm (11741 SE Foster Rd.)