1221 S.W. 4th, Room 240, Portland, OR 97204
This afternoon, Nick spoke at the re-opening of the newly restored Vera Katz Eastbank Esplanade.
It underwent eight weeks of repair and maintenance work that included:
• Replacing broken sidewalk sections
• Repairing lights for improved safety
• Removing graffiti and trash
• Removing invasive plant species and planting natives
• Restoring public art installations
The project will benefit the thousands of users who enjoy the Esplanade every day.
The project was completed on-budget and ahead of schedule.
Special thanks to our partners at Portland Parks & Recreation, the Bureau of Environmental Services, the Portland Bureau of Transportation, and the Regional Arts and Culture Council.