What happens after the PPB investigation is complete?
NOT SUSTAINED: The finding will not be sustained if it is found that:
- The allegation(s) is false;
- The actions of the police officer were within the guidelines of Police Bureau policy;
- There is not enough evidence to prove or disprove the allegation(s);
- The allegation(s) are of a minor rule violation that would not result in discipline, even if proven true.
SUSTAINED: The finding will be sustained if:
- The officer was found to have been in violation of Police Bureau policy or procedure.