1120 SW 5th Ave, Room 1250, Portland, OR 97204
Below are several conceptual videos that enable the viewer to “fly through” the project and imagine the building’s proposed future. Please note that the detailed design elements depicted in these videos are conceptual – furnishings, finishes, and artwork have not yet been determined.
In addition to addressing technical requirements, the Design Team is incorporating input from employees and the community. Design goals include visually connecting interior public areas to the exterior by increasing views to the outdoors, improving the customer service experience, increasing public meeting areas, and improving the urban pedestrian experience. Technical priorities include eliminating water intrusion issues and upgrading the building's accessibility.
Things to Notice
As you watch these videos, notice how the clear glazing on the windows allows for better views inside and outside of the building. A two-story window opening on the 4th Avenue side would allow dramatic views of Chapman Park on both the first and second floors. And the removal of raised floor platforms will make the surrounding floor space accessible to everyone.
The videos also envision a single public engagement and service area that will provide improved service and easy access for the community. Large, well lit, meeting spaces on the first floor and second floor conference areas will support a variety of meeting sizes and setups. There are also plans for an employee support floor which would provide a variety of collaborative areas and individual work spaces.
- Notice the different size and shapes of the meeting rooms.
- Remember how dark this floor was? Look how bright it is now.
- Did you see the trees through the clear glazed windows?
- What kinds of trainings, meetings, or events could happen here?
- Notice the low, dropped ceilings are gone.
- Look for the small "phone booth" rooms.
- Notice the variety of ways people are working in this space.
- How might you use this collaborative workspace?