Construction Update: April 2019
The Portland Building reconstruction project continues to make progress on schedule this spring. The primary objective of the project is to create a functional, accessible, sustainable, and seismically upgraded public building.
In the past several weeks, work on exterior and interior upgrades has progressed, including:
• All seismic upgrade work has been completed.
• Interior buildout continues, with painting, and light fixture, carpet and tile/toilet installation in progress on several lower floors.
• On the exterior, installation of curtain wall panels is complete, with final panels installed on April 16th.
• Steel beams were installed in preparation for the new slab on metal deck which will be poured on the 1st floor, replacing the raised platform that existed in this area of the building.
• The chillers for the new mechanical system have been delivered and installed on the roof.
• Terra cotta tile installation at the base of the building is expected to begin soon.
• Curtainwall installation will continue on the lower floors.
• Interior build-out will continue on all floors.
• Capitals on the west and east sides of the building will be installed in addition to ribbon details on the north and south sides of the building.
DISADVANTAGED BUSINESS SUBCONTRACTOR SPOTLIGHT
Howard S. Wright-Belfour Beatty (HSW), General Contractor for The Portland Building Reconstruction Project, selected certified minority and disadvantaged business enterprise Faison Construction as a trade partner on the project to provide concrete related services. Founded in 2004 by James Faison, Faison Construction has a commitment to mentor/protege partnerships as a path to growth and new markets. For the full story on Faison Construction, please go to: https://www.portlandoregon.gov/omf/article/729819
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING CONSTRUCTION
Some changes to pedestrian routes and street parking adjacent to the building should be expected for the duration of the project. We appreciate your cooperation. Please let us know if you have questions or concerns.