Construction Update: July/August 2019
In the past two months, work on exterior and interior upgrades has progressed, including:
- Permanent power has been established throughout the building.
- Sidewalk replacement on 4th Avenue is nearing completion.
- Installation of exterior terra cotta framing and insulation on levels 1 and 3 is ongoing.
- Storefront glass installation is nearing completion on the 1st floor.
- Furniture installation is ongoing and progressing well.
- Roof replacement on levels 2 and 3 is progressing well.
- Removal of scaffolding on 5th Avenue, including that surrounding Portlandia
- Installation of terrazzo flooring on the 1st and 2nd floors
- Continued installation of furniture on the remaining floors
- Installation of network infrastructure
- Commissioning of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems
- Continued tenant improvements in the basement and on the 1st through 3rd floors and 11th through 15th floors
Thirty-nine-year-old carpenter Renee Angel joined the Carpenter’s Union in 2011 and is now an experienced carpenter working on The Portland Building Reconstruction project. Her path to becoming a carpenter was not a direct one, but with the help Oregon Tradeswomen and some practical experience at Coffee Creek Correctional Facility, she now loves her work. For the full story on Renee Angel, please go to: https://www.portlandoregon.gov/omf/article/740198