- To increase citizen involvement in the management of the City's resources;
- To gain an understanding of City bureaus and the relationship between those bureaus and the needs of the individuals who access the services of city bureaus;
- To provide recommendations to bureaus regarding goals, priorities, policies and budgets.
- To recommend policy direction for ONI and the city council by:
- identifying and discussing ONI policies, as well as citywide issues;
- identifying and discussing activities and projects in which ONI is involved;
- reviewing current service levels and determining if they should be continued or changed, including the allocation of limited resources and program cuts.
- To contribute to the presentation of a budget that is responsive to citizen needs by:
- identifying the ONI's objectives and prioritizing budget items that needs funding;
- obtaining citizen input about budget and policy items through review of citizen surveys and meeting;
- establishing and representing the community's priorities for ONI;
- reviewing the current budget to determine if expenses and income levels are over or under the budgeted amounts.
- To increase citizen access to the ONI budget process by:
- increasing citizen participation in the management of city resources;
- providing a strong communication link between the citizens and elected officials and their staffs.
The ONI Bureau Advisory Committee typically meets the 2nd Monday of each month, 5:30pm, at City Hall Lovejoy Room, 1221 SW 4th Ave, Portland OR 97204. Here are the dates for upcoming meetings.
Monday March 12th, 2018
Monday April 9th, 2018
Monday May 14th, 2018
Monday June 11th, 2018
Overview document providing bureau mission/goals/values and general expectations for members to participate in the ONI Bureau Advisory Committee
ONI BAC focuses on budget development generally from November through February. Agendas, notes and meeting materials are available online.