Skip to Main Content View Text-Only

The City of Portland, Oregon

Neighborhood Involvement

Building inclusive, safe and livable neighborhoods and communities.

ONI Main: 503-823-4519

City/County Info: 503-823-4000

TDD: 503-823-6868

1221 SW 4th Ave, Suite 110, Portland, OR 97204

National Night Out

  • Block Party Are you having a NNO Block Party in the streets? Don't forget after Registering to complete the PBOT Street Closure Application


(Street Closure & Barricades not covered by registration. See closure & barricade info below)


National Night Out has been celebrated across North America on the first Tuesday of August since 1983. It's a day when people hold parties to strengthen community cohesiveness and crime resistance, and get to know their neighbors and their local public safety officials. When neighbors get to know each other, they create a connected and safer community. Every year, more than 20,000 people in Portland participate. The Office of Neighborhood Involvement's Crime Prevention Program has the responsibility for coordinating National Night Out (NNO) in Portland. 

  • Official date of NNO: Tuesday, August 7th, 2018. In Portland, residents and businesses may also hold a NNO party between Friday, August 3rd and Sunday, August 12th, 2018. 

  • Registration is open from June 5th - July 24th, 2018.

  • Lawn signs for your event, contact your crime prevention coordinator to reserve signs and schedule pick-up. For more details please see the following link:





1. Street Closure Block Parties  & Barricades for 2018  National Night Out Party will also need to complete the application requirements for a "Block Party" through the Portland Bureau of Transportation (PBOT).

           -Forms and step by step instructions can be found online at

           -Barricades are required for ALL block party street closure. To get a barricade and check if you are located in the "Pink Barricade Pilot Zone" for free barricade reservations (reservations are made on a first come first serve basis) go to

           -For questions and help completing the Block Party Application forms, contact PBOT (503-823-4003) or

2. Parties at a Park, please complete the Portland Parks and Recreation "NATIONAL NIGHT OUT LIMITED USE PERMIT APPLICATION"

           - online at or

           - print and mail the application to:

                     Customer Service Center

                     Portland Parks and Recreation

                     111 SW Columbia St. Suite 660

                     Portland, OR 97204

           - For Portland Parks insurance requirements and questions call 503-823-2525 or see information online at,


Questions? Call 503-823-4064 or email

Printable National Night Out Registration Packet

Print and mail in the necessary forms for NNO Registration, Block Party street closures, and parks party reservations.

Portland Parks and Recreation Limited Use Application

Are you hosting a NNO Party at a Park? AFTER registering with Crime Prevention, be sure to fill out and send in this Parks & Rec application to reserve your party spot! Hosting a NNO party at a Portland Park has specific requirements, listed on the form.

Portland Parks and Recreation Insurance Requirements

Are you hosting a NNO Party at a Park? Portland Parks and Recreation have insurance requirements for community members and organizations who want to host their party at a Portland Park

Find a party to attend

Find a National Night Out party in your neighborhood.