City of Portland Special Appropriations FY2017-18 Grant Opportunities - $350,000 Portland United Against Hate grants; $650,000 for youth, arts/culture, economic, and community health opportunities grants. Info session on ONI $350,000 anti-hate grants, Tues. July 25. Deadline for both grant allocations: Tues. August 15 by 5:00 PM.
City of Portland Special Appropriations FY2017-18 Grant Opportunities
The Portland City Council approved $1,000,000 in the FY2017-18 Adopted Budget for one-time Special Appropriations.
Of this amount, $350,000 has been allocated to The Office of Neighborhood Involvement (ONI) for the Portland United Against Hate (PUAH) competitive grants process. Please note that there are two separate applications for each set of funds.
Funding may be awarded in each of the following areas:
- Expanding Opportunities for Youth
- Community-Based Arts and Culture
- Expanding Economic Opportunities for Portlanders
- Community Health
Funding may be awarded under the following opportunities:
- Capacity Building
- Data Collections and Analysis
More info on PUAH project and PUAH webpage
Please view the PUAH Addendum and PUAH Application for full scope of work.
Applicants can apply for either one or both opportunities. A separate application is required for each opportunity.
Info session on PUAH allocation
The Office of Neighborhood Involvement, will host an informational meeting for potential PUAH grant applicants.
Tuesday, July 25, 2017
6:00pm - 7:30pm
Portland City Hall, Lovejoy Room, 2nd floor
1221 SW 4th Ave. – Enter from 4th Ave.
Requests for accommodations at the info session for persons with disabilities and for those for whom English is a second language. Contact Linda Castillo 503-823-3170 or TTY 503-823-6868 to request assistance with accommodations.
- PUAH Information – Special appropriations FY2017-18 Grant Application Information about the Portland United Against Hate (PUAH) Competitive Grant Process.
- PUAH Addendum – Portland United Against Hate FY2017-18 Special Appropriations Funding Application Addendum.
- Citywide Racial Equity Goals and Strategies – Summary of City’s Racial Equity Goals – used in application and reporting.
- Project Budget Example – Example of budget line items for a grant project – used in application and reporting. (Link to WORD document on additional info page)
- The Portland Plan – A strategic roadmap to help our City thrive into the future – used in application.
All applications must be submitted by:
Tuesday, August 15, 2017, to the address on the application form.
E-mailed and mailed submissions will be accepted until 5:00 p.m., on Tuesday, August 15, 2017.
Selection notification date: Friday, September 29, 2017
Info and photos on projects funded last year through City Council special appropriations.
Information and translation requests
For info and translation requests related to the application process contact:
Craig Haynes, Financial Analyst, Office of Management and Finance