FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Dylan Rivera 503-823-3723
PortlandBureau of Transportation
Mayor Hales, Commissioner Novick, Director Treat
kick off town halls on transportation funding options
Town halls start in East Portland
(April 15, 2014) – The Portland Bureau of Transportation reminds the public and news media to attend four upcoming town halls on transportation funding – the first to be held at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, April 16 at Immigrant and Refugee Community Organization (IRCO), 10301 NE Glisan St.
Mayor Charlie Hales,Commissioner Novickand Transportation Director Leah Treat will welcome the public and discuss transportation needs and funding options at the Our Streets PDX town hall events:
- Wednesday, April 16: 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., Immigrant and Refugee Community Organization,10301 NE Glisan St.
- Thursday, April 17: 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., Kaiser Permanente's Town Hall,3704 N Interstate Ave.
- Thursday, April 24: 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.,Multnomah ArtsCenter, 7688 SW Capitol Hwy
- Thursday, May 1: 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.,Woodstock School,5601 SE 50th Ave.
The town hall meetings will provide an opportunity for the public to speak with transportation staff, ask questions and make comments for the Mayor, Commissioner and Director.
- View the news release on the recent survey of Portlanders about a street fee and other funding options. It includes links to a report and slide presentation on the survey results.
- Take the survey yourself! The public is encouraged to take the survey online.
For more information, see the project web page: www.ourstreetspdx.com.
Communications Manager |PortlandBureau of Transportation
t: (503) 823-3723 | c: (503) 577-7534
website | twitter | publicalerts