City of Portland
CRC Appeals Process
November 14, 2016, 12:00 - 3:00 p.m.
Office of Equity & Human Rights
421 SW 6th Avenue, 5th Floor
Portland, OR 97204
1. Call to order, orientation to purpose, and introductions
2. Discussion of three elements of CRC appeals process:
Public testimony at Appeals Hearings
Determining size of Appeals panels
Size of CRC
3. Facilitated clarification of areas of consensus/areas of disagreement on three elements discussed
4. Time permitting: Discussion of possible recommendations the group may make regarding the process for a broader or more in-depth review of police oversight issues. (If time does not permit, this issue would be rescheduled for a second meeting)
5. Discussion about next steps, including whether a second meeting is necessary/desired
The meeting is scheduled for three hours in length. It is anticipated that a 10-minute break will occur about half way through the time period.