Humboldt Sewer Repair Project Update: March 16, 2017
Environmental Services continues a project to repair or replace 17,000 feet (more than 3 miles) of public sewer pipes in the Humboldt neighborhood that are on average 85 years old and in deteriorating condition. This project will protect public health and our environment by reducing the possibility of sewage releases to homes, businesses and streets.
DEVELOPMENTS OF NOTE
Next Monday, March 20, crews are scheduled to resume sewer pipe installation on North Maryland Avenue between North Ainsworth and Jarrett streets.
- A second crew will continue to repair manholes in multiple locations throughout the project area.
- Please drive or bike with caution when passing these work zones and follow the directions of flaggers if present.
Sewer pipe installation on North Colfax Street and North Concord Avenue is complete.
- The next phase is to restore trenches used during sewer construction with concrete.
- This involves removing temporary asphalt currently patching trenches, preparing the trenches for restoration, pouring the wet concrete into the trenches, and allowing the concrete to cure for about seven days while it hardens to a strength that’s safe for cars and trucks to drive on.
- Recent weather has delayed concrete street restoration. This work is expected to be scheduled as soon as weather and subcontractor availability allow.
The map posted at www.portlandoregon.gov/bes/HumboldtSchedule shows the anticipated construction locations for rest of March and April, 2017. Please be aware that construction schedules are subject to change due to underground conditions, weather, traffic impacts, subcontractor schedules and availability of materials.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Visit the project web page at www.portlandoregon.gov/bes/humboldt
or contact Matt Gough at 503-823-5352 or email@example.com.
Thank you for your cooperation during this project. Please let us know if you have questions or concerns such as effects on business operations, medical or business deliveries, the need for help with access for people with disabilities, or other concerns. We appreciate your communication and want to hear from you.
If you no longer wish to receive these emails, please unsubscribe by sending me an email. Thank you!
City of Portland Environmental Services
1120 SW 5th Ave, Room 1000
Portland, Oregon 97204
Phone: 503-823-5352 l Cell Phone: 503-823-6622
Working for clean rivers
Over one-third of Portland’s 2,500 miles of sewer pipes are more than 80 years old. Projects to replace or repair aging sewers are important for protecting water quality, public health and the environment. Learn more at www.portlandoregon.gov/bes.
The City of Portland complies with all non-discrimination laws including Title VI (Civil Rights) and Title II (ADA). To request a translation, accommodation or additional information, please call 503-823-7740, or use City TTY 503-823-6868, or Oregon Relay Service: 711