Humboldt Sewer Repair Project Update: April 14, 2017
DEVELOPMENTS OF NOTE
Crews have returned to North Maryland Avenue to continue open trench sewer pipe construction between North Simpson and Jarrett streets.
- Other crews will focus on installing cleanouts, spot repairs, lateral sewer pipe construction, and manhole work throughout the project area. To view a current map of anticipated work locations, go to www.portlandoregon.gov/bes/HumboldtSchedule.
- Some streets will be closed to through traffic during construction hours from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. but local access will be maintained. Please drive or bike with caution near work zones in your neighborhood and follow the directions of flaggers if present.
MORE ABOUT CONSTRUCTION PHASES
Typical construction phases for sewer work on each block in the project area include:
- video inspection
- spot repairs
- manhole repairs
- cleanout installation
- lateral sewer pipe construction
- mainline pipe and manhole installation
- stormwater inlet replacement
- temporary paving
- final trench paving and restoration
Residents and businesses should expect periods of inactivity between each phase ranging from a few days to a few weeks. The duration depends on a variety of variables including underground conditions, weather, traffic impacts, subcontractor schedules, quality control tests and availability of materials. To learn more about what to expect during construction go to www.portlandoregon.gov/bes/article/632833.
The map posted at www.portlandoregon.gov/bes/HumboldtSchedule shows the anticipated construction locations from April 17 through April 28. Please be aware that construction schedules are subject to change.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Visit the project web page at www.portlandoregon.gov/bes/humboldt
or contact Matt Gough at 503-823-5352 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your cooperation during this project. Please let us know if you have questions or concerns such as effects on business operations, medical or business deliveries, the need for help with access for people with disabilities, or other concerns. We appreciate your communication and want to hear from you.
If you no longer wish to receive these emails, please unsubscribe by sending me an email. Thank you!
City of Portland Environmental Services
1120 SW 5th Ave, Room 1000
Portland, Oregon 97204
Phone: 503-823-5352 l Cell Phone: 503-823-6622
Working for clean rivers
Over one-third of Portland’s 2,500 miles of sewer pipes are more than 80 years old. Projects to replace or repair aging sewers are important for protecting water quality, public health and the environment. Learn more at www.portlandoregon.gov/bes.
The City of Portland complies with all non-discrimination laws including Title VI (Civil Rights) and Title II (ADA). To request a translation, accommodation or additional information, please call 503-823-7740, or use City TTY 503-823-6868, or Oregon Relay Service: 711