NW District Sewer Replacement Project Construction Update: July 17, 2017
Environmental Services is continuing construction of the Northwest District Sewer Repair Project to repair or replace about 8,000 linear feet of public sewer pipes that are 116 years old and in deteriorating condition. The project will increase sewer system capacity to relieve basement sewer backups and help protect public health, water quality and the environment.
Week of July 17
- Permanent asphalt will be installed on NW 23rd Place south of NW Vaughn, please obey no parking signs as having the street clear is essential to the trench paving process.
- Permanent asphalt will be installed on NW 23rd Place north of NW York, please obey no parking signs as having the street clear is essential to the trench paving process.
- Pipe installation will continue at NW 31st Avenue.
- Miscellaneous punchlist items will be performed throughout the project area.
- Concrete paving on NW 24th Place
- Constructing connections to homes on NW 31st Avenue
- Lateral repair NW Vaughn at NW 23rd Avenue northwest corner, night work.
To view a map of these locations, go to https://www.portlandoregon.gov/bes/nwdistrict
The Portland Noise Control Office granted Environmental Services a noise variance for overnight construction at specified locations (see map) for up to five months on this project. Night work hours have been adjusted to accommodate the CIPP process and are 7:00 p.m. to 5:30 a.m. Sunday through Thursday. If you have questions or concerns during night work hours, you can call the City of Portland on-site hotline at 503-823-6290. You can also contact the Portland Noise Control Office at 503-823-7350 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
If you have questions or concerns about the project during regular business hours, please contact Joe Annett at 503-823-2934 or email@example.com.
Community Outreach and Information
City of Portland Environmental Services
1120 SW 5th Ave, Room 1000
Portland, Oregon 97204
Phone: 503-823-2934 l Cell Phone: 503-823-6313
Working for clean rivers
The Bureau of Environmental Services works with Portland residents and businesses to protect water quality, public health, and the environment through wastewater collection and treatment, sewer construction and maintenance, stormwater management, and stream and watershed restoration. Learn more at www.portlandoregon.gov/bes.
The City of Portland complies with all non-discrimination laws including Title VI (Civil Rights) and Title II (ADA). To request a translation, accommodation or additional information, please call 503-823-7740, or use City TTY 503-823-6868, or Oregon Relay Service: 711