Mt. Scott-Arleta and Woodstock Sewer Repair Project: October 10, 2017
Environmental Services continues construction on a project to repair or replace approximately 5,600 feet, or about one mile, of public sewer pipes in the Mt. Scott-Arleta and Woodstock neighborhoods. Most of the sewer pipes are more than 85 years old and are deteriorating due to age. The project will protect the public and the environment by reducing the possibility of sewage releases to homes, businesses and streets.
The map posted at www.portlandoregon.gov/bes/MtScott shows the anticipated construction locations through October 20. Please be aware that schedules are subject to change due to a variety of factors, including conditions underground, weather, traffic impacts and subcontractor and materials availability.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING CONSTRUCTION
- Work on each block will be conducted in multiple phases with periods of inactivity between each phase ranging from a few days to a few weeks.
- Except for night work, construction hours will be 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. The contractor may also schedule work during the same hours on Saturdays.
- Construction creates noise, vibration, and dust and disrupts normal neighborhood activity.
- The contractor will maintain local access, but construction may impact normal use of your driveway or entrance to your business.
- You should expect traffic delays in and near the work area. Please observe traffic control signs and follow the directions of flaggers.
- On‐street parking will be restricted in and near the work zones to create a safe work environment and to stage equipment and materials.
- A city inspector will be on-site during work hours and may be able to assist you with an immediate need during construction.
- Sewer, water, and other utilities will remain in service during construction.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Go to www.portlandoregon.gov/bes/mtscott or contact Matt Gough at Matthew.Gough@portlandoregon.gov or 503-823-5352.
Thank you for your cooperation during this project. Please let us know if you have questions or concerns such as effects on business operations, medical or business deliveries, the need for help with access for people with disabilities, or other concerns. We appreciate your communication and want to hear from you.
If you no longer wish to receive these emails, please unsubscribe by sending me an email. Thank you!
City of Portland Environmental Services
1120 SW 5th Ave, Room 1000
Portland, Oregon 97204
Phone: 503-823-5352 l Cell Phone: 503-823-6622
Working for clean rivers
Over one-third of Portland’s 2,500 miles of sewer pipes are more than 80 years old. Projects to replace or repair aging sewers are important for protecting water quality, public health and the environment. Learn more at www.portlandoregon.gov/bes.
The City of Portland complies with all non-discrimination laws including Title VI (Civil Rights) and Title II (ADA). To request a translation, accommodation or additional information, please call 503-823-7740, or use City TTY 503-823-6868, or Oregon Relay Service: 711